Benjamin J. Rooney is a shareholder with Keay & Costello., and has been with the firm since 2012. Ben’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on those issues involving the representation of community associations, co-ops, and other corporations. He has a variety of experience representing clients, including:
- Negotiating and drafting of contracts with employees, independent contractors, and vendors;
- Drafting governing documents, including declarations, bylaws, rules and regulations, and resolutions;
- Defending claims relating to age, race, sex, national origin and disability discrimination;
- Defending claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Illinois wage and hour laws; and
- Bringing actions on behalf of community associations to enforce covenants and collect assessments.
Ben regularly represents clients involved in litigation before courts in Cook and surrounding counties, as well as the Illinois Department of Labor, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Illinois Department of Public Health. He also frequently attends community association meetings to advise boards on issues ranging from corporate governance to disputes with owners.
After graduating with a Political Science degree from Iowa State University, he attended DePaul College of Law where he earned his Juris Doctorate. Ben is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, as well as the State of Minnesota. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association, and Kane County Bar Association.